A wood manufacturing company had a blend of wood manufacturing and distribution centers that include two plywood and four lumber manufacturing plants, and fourteen specialty wood product distribution operations, located in thirteen states serving the northeast, southeast, and the southwest United States.
Since 1986 the company has been acquiring companies and growing at an astronomical rate and found that its logistics department was fragmented as a result. They needed a Logistics company that could help centralize the transportation for their 6 SE manufacturing plants, scale with any future growth, and provide the data & visibility needed to reduce cost & improve service.
- 10,000 Loads Annually
- 6 Manufacturing Plants across SE
- Flatbed equipment
- Load tarping on all loads
- Centralized transportation group
- Pickup & delivery service improvement
- Improved visibility to data & metrics
- Cost savings
- Transportation Management System with Full Integration
- Carrier Procurement & Routing Guide
- On-site Account Manager & Back Office Support
- Management of Day-to-Day Transportation Operations
- Freight Bill Audit and Payment & Claims Management
- Weekly Scorecard & Regular KPI Reviews
After reviewing Covenant's value prop, tailored approach, and proven track record, Covenant was chosen as the company’s Transportation Management provider. Covenant’s process-driven implementation and training plan made the onboarding process as smooth as possible, and they quickly saw dramatic improvements in the on-time pickup and delivery rate. As data became more visible through the first year of the partnership, they also began to see significant cost savings. Covenant is now a trusted and preferred partner for this wood manufacturing company because they chose a logistics company that stands by its word.
Our Promise Is Your Success.