The world’s largest bedding provider is a well-established Covenant customer, using both dedicated contract carriage and capacity solutions. In developing a long-term transportation program for this company’s U.S. operations, we understood that their requirements were significant and uncompromising: They needed on-time delivery, major surge capacity, drop-and-hook equipment, and service from 85+ origins. Covenant’s response? No problem.
This business has enormous seasonal swings. The customer also ships from several remote locations, some with limited dock doors and other constraints. What the customer needed was extreme flexibility, with a dedicated solution they could count on, and significant, no-hassle surge capacity, where and when they needed it. They also wanted help with their own fleet management and special projects so they could focus on their core business.
- contract + capacity solutions for extreme flexibility
- drivers quickly routed where needed, as needed
- revenue sharing for cost savings
- dedicated account management
- 98% on time delivery
- ultra-flexible seasonal and ad hoc capacity
- dedicated = 150+ loads per month
- capacity = 340+ loads per month
- immediate equipment availability
- trust, collaboration and long-term partnership
- transparent, frequent communication
- 13 trucks, 13 drivers + seasonal + ad hoc loads
- drop & hook freight
- multiple trailer pools managed by Covenant
- support for customer’s private fleet
- backhaul revenue share = $120k in one year
- solutions-oriented partnership
Covenant keeps its commitments. This customer can attest that we pick up and deliver as promised, and have met or exceeded on-time expectations every year. Revenue sharing has offset costs. Most importantly, we have developed a trusting and collaborative relationship with this customer’s team, and now nearly all of their freight is handled by Covenant. When they have special projects or are considering next steps, they call us first.