When this nationwide furniture distributor started looking for a carrier to supplement their long-term dedicated provider routes, Covenant jumped at the chance to assist. They knew they needed support with a struggling provider, in addition to quality management, defect management, KPI reporting, and visibility. They didn’t know that during this startup process, their long-term dedicated provider would pull out and leave them scrambling for support to continue their operation. Covenant stepped up to the plate.
Covenant committed to a 90-day startup period with this client. However, at the time of this commitment, their existing dedicated provider pulled drivers out, leaving them in a deficit. The client approached Covenant in desperate need of immediate support to keep their operation going before the agreed-upon date.
- National office furniture distributor
- Unwavering quality standards
- Heavy, bulky freight
- High quality control and management
- Cloud-based, real-time metrics & reporting
- Weekly driver unloads at distributing centers
- 90-day startup and completed startup seamlessly and before the live date
- 7 routes ran weekly out of PA10-15 Driver unloads per week
- Dedicated support at their TX operation
- Cloud-based, live KPI updates and track and trace technology
Covenant immediately leveraged its Solutions group to source additional short-term capacity and ensure business continuity through 90 days, when the long-term solution would initiate. The routes increased to seven per week, with seven to 15 stops each, complete with driver unloading, in support of two facilities. The client suffered no negative impact because of the situation, and its supply chain continued to operate efficiently.