When a worldwide brand needed a logistics partner that could provide creative, flexible, reliable solutions - Covenant responded. The brand sought a partner to provide dedicated contract carriage, warehousing services, and the ability to expand their services if necessary. They requested a contract to establish a consistent and cost-effective transportation and inventory management solution for all inbound parts, which were substantial in volume, with over 300k units sold the prior year.
This company had several challenging transportation needs tha trequired a flexible and tailored solution. Key considerations included time-sensitive inbound freight that needed to be coordinated without disrupting production, as well as the need for non-driver-friendly multi-stop requirements. Covenant leveraged their range of logistics services, including dedicated contract carriage, warehousing, capacity solutions, and port and drayage solutions, to develop a tailored solution that met these requirements effectively.
- Provides essential equipment to people all over the world
- On-site industrial manufacturing support
- Re-kitting and re-packing of products
- Seasonal fluctuation of inventory & shuttle capacity
- High quality control and management
- Integrated warehousing & shuttle operation
- Cloud-based, real-time metrics & reporting
- Process development & control
The Custom Solution
Multiple Fleets Tailored to Customer Needs
- Covenant designed and implemented four different dedicated fleets to meet the customer's unique transportation needs, allowing for round-trip savings and improved service levels.
Capacity Solutions Pop-up Support
- Multiple trucks and trailers servicing multiple locations within the customers network, depending on surge needs
Distribution Center Management
- Covenant manages the customer's warehousing needs, including shuttle and yard management, to ensure efficient and effective service.
Port & Drayage Support
- Up to 100 container moves per week to and from their factory to the port.
- Covenant delivers exceptional service to the customer, redirecting to other carriers when needed and providing detailed weekly metrics to ensure that the customer's goals are met.
Value Add Services
- Vendor Management & Processing
- Route optimization for cost savings
Covenant successfully met the client's needs by utilizing a range of equipment such as trucks,trailers, tractors, and day cabs. Additionally, a large warehouse with multiple dedicated associates facilitated efficient inventory management. The client experienced a substantial cost savings of over $100,000 in the first year while enjoying reliable and punctual service.